The morning prayer service included readings, recitation of the psalms, a reflection by Novice Master Ralph Parthie, OFM (SH) and the washing of the feet of the new novices by the Novitiate Team to symbolize the life of service these young men are embarking upon as Franciscan religious.
Received as novices were:
- Br. Salvador Baca, OFM - Immaculate Conception Province
- Br. John Boissy, OFM - St. John the Baptist Province
- Br. Jonathan Douglas, OFM - St. John the Baptist Province
- Br. Thomas Murphy, OFM - St. John the Baptist Province
- Br. Carlo Shivel, OFM - St. John the Baptist Province
- Br. Eufemio Dimas Robaina, OFM - Holy Name Province
- Br. Angel Vazquez, OFM - Holy Name Province
- Br. Aaron Richardson, OFM - Holy Name Province
- Br. Hadijanto Djojo, OFM - St. Barbara Province
- Br. Shant Ohanees Khokasian, OFM - St. Barbara Province
- Br. Tony Pensiero, OFM - St. Barbara Province
- Br. Donald McGeragle, OFM - Christ the King Province
Also received today was Br. Tom Robinson, OFM, of the Custody of the Immaculate Conception (England). He was received in the novitiate in Ennis in Ireland and will join the fraternity in Burlington as soon as possible.
During the reception service, the new novices made the following pledge: "Moved by divine inspiration, we wish to share your life in the brotherhood of the Order of Friars Minor. We ask to be admitted to your way of life that we may be tested and learn how to take on our shoulders the yoke of the Lord in love and joy. We ask to join following the example of St. Francis of Assisi, the humble servant of the Lord."
The Novice Team was also officially commissioned by the Provincial Ministers and their representatives present. The current team includes: Novice Master Br. Ralph Parthie, OFM (SH), Guardian Br. Joachim Studwell, OFM (ABVM), Br. Dennis Schafer, OFM (SH), and Br. Jeff McNab, OFM (SB).
The novices will now engage in a year of prayer and discernment on their vocation, studying the lives of Francis and Clare, the history of the Order and coming to know the vows better that they will profess at the conclusion of their novitiate year.