Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position provides the day-to-day leadership and management of the organization from the FMS office in Washington, D.C. near Catholic University of America. The new Executive Director will focus on the implementation of established FMS vision and goals in support of program priorities. These include recruiting, training, monitoring, and supporting overseas lay missioners in service throughout the world and fostering an ongoing relationship with returned missioners in the needs of the Church and wider society within the United States.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Significant experience (five+ years) increased management responsibility
- Demonstrated appreciation and understanding of the Franciscan charism and Catholic social teaching
- A practicing Roman Catholic with a strong understanding of and respect for Roman Catholic beliefs and practices
- Ability to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area
Benefactor Group is assisting Franciscan Mission Service in this search. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications will be considered highly confidential.
The complete position profile and qualification requirements can be found at
www.benefactorgroup.com under leadership development.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Candidates are urged to visit the Franciscan Mission Service website at: